|Next Providers Meeting:|
|Click Here To Book|
Outcome of the Care Fees Consultation 12/01/18
Following the Birmingham Consultation the Local Authority have increased their prices, but you will need to jump through some hoops and decide if you want to continue to do business with them.
First the good news….
They have increased their fees to the following fixed prices:
Residential Care Homes £500
Nursing Homes £575 plus PNC
Home Care £14per hour
The good news carries on, all historic packages will be increased from 1st May to the fees above.
Ok, so here’s the bad news……..
Everybody has to retender.
Some jobsworth at Birmingham has decided you need to spend a couple of days finding certificates and policies scanning them in and filling in their documents with information they already have and won’t look at.
Here are the details of the tender details:
The tenders closes at 12pm on 5 February 2018 (this has been extended)
Here are the links:
www.sproc.net for home support providers and care homes with and without nursing for over 65’s.
https://in-tendhost.co.uk/birminghamcc/aspx/Home for care and support (supported living) providers and care homes with and without nursing for under 65’s.
A factsheets and copies of all the document are available on the Council’s website:
The Bad news continues
- You have to agree to pay everyone the minimum wage of £7.83 even those under 25
- If BCC are paying you more than the figures above they will reduce them on 1st May 2018
- There is no mechanism at the moment for Top Ups – we have asked them to look into it, however we don’t expect them to move on this
- If you decide not to register with them they will consider moving all their residents out or cancelling the packages
- If you become inadequate they will move residents out or cancel packages
- Home Care - it may be bad news, but they are limiting the areas to a set number of providers