RESIDENTIAL CARE HOME MANAGER
Private not-for-profit home for the elderly (35 beds)
Located on Bournville Village Trust, Birmingham
Responsible to Board of Trustees
To spearhead the growth and development of our business; head up our dedicated team; be accountable for the efficient day-to-day running of the home; and achieve full occupancy.
This role is ideal for an existing care home manager who would like to take on a challenge and is passionate about making a difference. It may also be attractive to someone with proven management experience in a difference care environment.
Ensuring the home is compliant with all legal and regulatory bodies; that all operational and financial targets are met; and that you are leading and motivating your team to create a safe and comfortable home from home.
- identifying new business opportunities
- achieving the highest standards of person-centred care
- ensuring a safe and risk free environment
- developing effective relationships both in and outside the home
- developing a successful team with clear goals, expectations and standards
- controlling and monitoring budgets, income and expenditure, and home administration
NVQ Level 5 in Leadership and Management (H&SC), or equivalent
Minimum 3 years’ proven experience as a successful residential home care manager
Evidence of Registered Manager status
Working knowledge of:
- CQC regulations and compliance
- Person-centred care
- Health and Safety and risk management
- Managing finance, marketing, human resources, estates, IT, catering, housekeeping
- numerate, literate, and strong communicator
- self-motivated, supportive, motivational, professional, and organised
- able to delegate, problem solve, and prioritise workload
- enabler - build strong relationships both internally and externally.
Terms and Conditions
Salary: £40,000 negotiable
Hours: 37.5 per week worked flexibly to meet the needs of the business
Tenure: Full-time permanent
Holiday: 33 concessionary days (includes bank holidays or days in lieu)
Contributory pension scheme (Employer matching up to 3%)
Free uniform and healthcare scheme
0121 475 2965